DATES FOR OUR DIARIES

napiertrust
Administrator
Archive from 11 January 2008

It’s late and I have just put down Alan Vessey’s stirring account of D Napier & Son, and my minds eye goes back to the day that I passed though those Works gates as prospective craft or toolroom Apprentice to be interviewed in the Cottage. The date escapes me but I was just 15 and some looking forward to starting a lifetime machine shop career under the watchful eye (and no doubt influential person) of my father C.H.Boyden, Chief Cost and Wages Clerk.
The year would be 1935 and in the Cottage...well, was it Mr. Cass. My 5yr Indentured Apprenticeship Parchment has long been stolen along with other personal documentation, who ’signed me up’. First job was Drawing Office print boy and thence into the Toolroom to join Cecil Bill Cottee.
Regards
John Edgar Boyden

Re: DATES FOR OUR DIARIES

napiertrust
Administrator
Archive from 22 January 2008

Dear Mr Boyden
Would you be so kind as to contact me the Secretary on secretary@npht.org?
We in the Trust are trying to trace and talk to all former employees before it is to late, as we are all getting older. We would be very interested in your story.
Regards Roy