My father "Sydney Hewitt"

Allan Hewitt
. My father, Sydney (SYD) Hewitt, was employed by English Electric and D Napier & Son as an air frame fitter (on my birth certificate) and later as a machine tool fitter. I was born in 1943. As a child I, and my siblings visited the works on a number of occasions on family open days. Dad served either 21 or 23 years in their employ. We lived in Knowsley.
    I migrated to Australia in 1960 and only returned home in 1993 and 1998.My dad died in 1998. My dad is a mystery to me and one thing that has always stayed with me was a photograph he had. It was of the person I believe was the managing director of EE or Napier's on the left, King George VI (in military uniform)in the center and my dad on the right (dressed in overall's!?). When I returned home in 1993 I was told that the photo had gone missing. To this day I still see that photo and wonder why my dad was stood there King George and , perhaps the head of EE/Napier's. I have been compiling my family tree for just over 4 years and would love to know if this photo exists in perhaps an archive. Other members of my family that worked there; my mother, turrett lathe operator (known as Lil), my eldest brother Ken, instrument maker (switch gear) and later inspector of power installations, my brother Bob (Robert) in a machine shop and later starting up his own engineering company. Can anyone be of help to me? I can be contacted at email  norburn@iinet.net.au.

Re: My father "Sydney Hewitt"

napiertrust
Administrator
Hello Allan

Thank you for your message and apologies for the late reply.

I will speak to our Archivist and see if he has a copy of the photo for you. The Trust has a large collection of images and often we can not put names to faces. This could be a good chance to clear up one of these mysteries.

Best wishes
Nige Paine
NPHT Editor